Thursday, July 12, 2012

Forever Homes


  Anya has found her forever home. Hopefully. They began their two week trial period together last weekend, and so far things seem to be going well!

  There have been a few ups and downs, such as a strong anxiety attack Anya had during one of our first big thunderstorms of the summer. I had no idea she was afraid of storms. With the drought we've been in I haven't been able to expose her to thunder and lightning! Now we know!
   I recommended he try a Thundershirt for her. I don't know yet whether he has tried it. Lets hope as they get more attached and she relaxes more she will be less likely to come unglued with the smell of rain in the air. It's no fun having a dog afraid of storms. I hate medicating, so I'm praying the thundershirt works wonders on her like it did for my older dog Mickey.

  Other than that she has been a little jumpy with new strangers that come to visit. I expected that, she's a bit of a nervous pup. She calmed down after a few weeks of being home with me, so I hope she does the same with her new dad.

Here is a short video of her in her new home!


No comments:

Post a Comment