Monday, June 29, 2015

Florida 2015 - Part I

"Are we there yet?!"
    Ashlyn has been absolutely loosing her mind with excitement. It probably started a week ago when she began counting down the days until our flight. Every hour or so she would ask me to tell her again how many more days.
   Once we arrived, she kicked everything up a notch. I don't think she has stopped talking or running around since we arrived yesterday evening. She's positively vibrating with excitement. On top of that her voice control is stuck on one volume. LOUDEST. No seriously. Talk the loudest you can possibly talk and then add some more, that's Ashlyn. It's all we can do to get her to use a regular inside voice when her brother is asleep. Forget keeping her quiet. haha.

Trying on her Florida "outfit"
   As for the rest of us. Our flights to Florida were fairly uneventful. By the time our second flight from Atlanta to Sarasota was taking off Landon was over the whole day. I'm afraid that we were the ones with the crying baby on the airplane. But thankfully he quieted before too long once I got him to sleep. Then just before landing he started back up again, but we got him back to sleep pretty quick the second time as well. He was just so tired after not having a nap in his own bed all day. He doesn't sleep more than 20 to 40 minutes in my arms unfortunately.

Florida bound!
    Flying was exhausting for me, I was still recovering from being sick all week. Lack of sleep from waking up every three to four hours at night for the past three months isn't helping my immune system. I came down with a fever on Father's day and was still very tired, congested, and enduring a headache the whole day of traveling (a week later exactly).
   Yesterday was a big improvement for me physically, but poor baby Landon seems to be coming down with what I had. It's no fun for anyone when babies are sick, especially on vacation. And when he's meeting his great grandparents and great aunt for the first time too! I hope he feels better soon. Some naps in an actual bed I think will do the trick. We've been sticking close to the hotel room these first couple days so he can sleep as much as possible, It hasn't given me much of a chance to enjoy the beach, but we've got lots of time for me to get my sun on.
   All in all he's been such a trooper putting up with all the changes, and not to mention all the smothering from extended family that have been dying to meet him!



     My heart is so happy to be here in this beautiful place. Honestly I never used to like Florida much. Growing up I always thought it was too hot, smelly, and humid. But something about Florida (Sarasota in particular) has changed for me in the last two years, Maybe it's because these last two years I've been in such desperate need of a "get away" that I've embraced all that Florida has to offer with no judgments.
    When I used to travel I would be home sick the minute I stepped into the airport. All I wanted was my lovely Austin, Texas back.  But now, as much as I still love my home and I miss my dogs and horses, I need change. Temporary change at least. I need to breath fresh air, to feel not a care in the world, and to see fresh sights. I've lived in Austin for 26 years. I know every little inch of that city and the surrounding area by heart. I don't know that I would ever want to leave Austin permanently, but sometimes removing yourself from the daily routine is necessary.
    Having all your meals cooked for you, dishes cleaned for you, and daily housecleaning is probably the best part of this whole thing. Not going to even pretend and say it's not. This momma needed a break!











No comments:

Post a Comment