It's a little more challenging finding the time to blog with two kids! Especially when one of them doesn't like to take daytime naps. So not only am I finding it hard to get to sit down to type out a blog update, I'm also finding it hard to come up with the brain power to write something!
So I'm not exactly sure what I want to write. Except for that I'm glad summer is here and I'm very excited to get to spend time with and without the kiddos in the great outdoors! Ashlyn extremely sensitive to the heat, she doesn't sweat much, so we have to time our adventures accordingly, but that wont stop us.
The trick is going to be to keep little baby Landon from being miserable. I'm not a fan of pools, all the chemicals, and he's too young for sunscreen. But I'm sure we will get it figured out. I've been reading lots of information on taking infants to the beach, since we will be going to Florida in two weeks. (#gasp Is it only two weeks away??!?) If anyone has any advice please comment below! He will be not even 12 weeks when we leave.
The heat makes it a challenge to try and schedule time to make it out to see the horses. Since it's way too hot to ride in the afternoon, we only have a couple windows of opportunity to schedule around Landon's naps (which are frequent and have very little awake time in between!). We are currently in trial and error mode, hopefully soon we will get it down to a science and I wont have to sacrifice my sanity or Landon's precious sleep hours for a horse fix. haha. No but seriously. I've had an eye twitch for four days now.
I would just let him sleep in the car, but he only sleeps about twenty rough minutes and screams the rest of the way (it's an hour drive to the ranch). Ashlyn did the same thing too. Apparently the kids think I'm a bad driver, haha.
To top everything off he takes terrible naps in your arms or in the crib, waking up every ten minutes or so in the crib and only sleeping thirty to forty minutes in a carrier. It's extremely hard for anyone to watch him but me, making it very hard to get the baby free time it requires to work a horse (about two hours).
Anyway, for not having much to say I sure rambled on! In finishing I would like to express my extreme gratitude for my own mother who graciously offers to care for the kiddos so I can do something I love so much. Like yesterday, there's no way I could have enjoyed such a beautiful morning trail ride without her help. So thank you mom. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment